Various tools for collecting, manipulating and analyzing data and then modeling processes have already been developed by the research group, and they have been applied to real cases in different scale of analysis.
Some projects carried out
Hazard, risk and multi-risk quantitative assessment techniques have been developed and tested in various environments, which has allowed us to demonstrate their effectiveness and resolutive power on a local and regional scale.
The level of development of various products is demonstrated by the publications of the research group, and therefore by the various application examples
- Crosta G.B., Agliardi, F. (2003) A methodology for physically based rockfall hazard assessment. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences. 3, 5, 407-422.
- Guzzetti F., Crosta G.B., Detti R., Agliardi F. (2002) Stone: a computer program for the three dimensional simulation of rockfalls. Computer & Geosciences, 28, 9, 1079-1093.
- Agliardi F., Crosta G. (2003). High resolution three-dimensional numerical modelling of rockfalls. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 40,4, june,. 455-471.
- Frattini P., Crosta G.B., Carrara A., Agliardi F. (2007) Assessment of rockfall susceptibility by integrating statistical and physically-based approaches. Geomorphology, doi: 10.1016/j.geomorph.2006.10.037.
- Carrara A., Crosta G.B., Frattini P. (2007) Comparing models of debris-flow susceptibility in the alpine environment. Geomorphology, doi: 10.1016/j.geomorph.2006.10.033.
- Agliardi F., Crosta G.B., Frattini P. (2009) Integrating rockfall risk assessment and countermeasure design by 3D modelling techniques. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, 9:1059-1073.
- Wang, X., Zhang, L., Wang, S., Agliardi, F., Frattini, P., Crosta, G.B., Yang, Z. 2011 Field investigation and rockfall hazard zonation at the Shijing Mountains Sutra caves cultural heritage (China). Environmental Earth Sciences , pp. 1-12.
- Valagussa A., Frattini P., Crosta G.B. (2014) Earthquake-induced rockfall hazard zoning. Engineering Geology, 182: 213-225.
- Wang X., Frattini P., Crosta G.B., Zhang L., Agliardi F., Lari S., Yang Z. (2013) Uncertainty assessment in quantitative rockfall risk assessment. Landslides, 11(4): 711-722, doi: 10.1007/s10346-013-0447-8.
Piazza della Scienza 4,
Write to email@example.com or fill out the contact form.